The Ohio Lottery was founded in May 1973, when the electoral referendum approved it. The actual game begins in 1974 and consists of weekly drawing. The lottery was later expanded by adding instant games, charity bingo and increasing the frequency of withdrawals. The lottery is also part of a donation program, offering 4.5 percent of its sales in Ohio public schools. In 2005, the amount offered under this program was about $ 14 billion.
The games that can be played in the Ohio lottery are daily drawings of Pick 3 and Pick 4 and drawing of Mega Millions twice a week, as well as numerous instant games. He also offers charity bingo and the television show "Cash Explosion."
The period during which a claim can be made is 180 days from the date of withdrawal, for redeeming tickets and 180 days from the closure of the game in case of immediate tickets. The payment method is simple for amounts under $ 600. The winner simply asks the retailer to pay the appropriate amount. For prizes over $ 600 but under $ 5000, the player must also go to the retailer and receive a PAY TO BEARER ticket which allows him to claim the lottery prize. There are two ways to do this. Either the player receives the claim form from the retailer or downloads it from the official lottery website. It is important for players to know this identification, as some data is essential to establishing the identity of the winners; therefore, a social security number, current address or photo identification is required. Payment will be made after 30 days after the request has been submitted from the form. For prizes over $ 5,000, you need to contact your nearest lottery office and make your request in person.
Interesting things about the lottery …
• The largest OH Lottery jackpot ever won is a $ 267 million Mega Millions jackpot, sold on 2/28/06 at the main stop in Lyons, 105 West Morentsi Street, Lyon, OH
• Ohio Lottery is 9th among state sales lotteries.
• The Ohio Lottery has nearly 8,500 licensed retailers nationwide
• Pick 3 and Pick 4 pools end at 12:25 p.m. Evening Pick 3 and Pick 4 close their pools at 7:25 pm Monday through Friday and 7:30 pm on Saturday.
• Each week, the Ohio Lottery selects the dealer of the week.
• For help with problem gambling, you need to call the Ohio Lottery Helpline and get support.