The urban landscape of Auckland merges with the natural setting of the rainforests and the idyllic beaches seamlessly, creating haven for the tourists. There is something for everyone in Auckland – the nature lover, the adventure seeker, the surf buff, the art lover. For the young and old, Auckland has it all.
In and around Auckland, there are many places to explore and enjoy for free. It's all fun when you're traveling in a group.
For the nature lovers there is –
- A hike or drive up the extinct volcano Mount Eden and One Tree Hill;
- Tramping and trailing in the lush green rain forest, reserves, domains and parks. The Auckland domain, the Waitakere Ranges, the Duder National Park, the Parnell Rose Gardens are a few examples;
For the water lovers there is
- The first marine reserve of New Zealand, the Goat Island, where you can swim and dive alongside an exotic aquatic life;
- Watch the sunset and rise from some of the gorgeous beaches. Walk along the sandy shores; plan a barbecue with your friends, go kayaking or surfing. There are a lot of options to choose from;
- The hot pools of Parakai or Waiwera invite you to an innerving dip;
- Yachting is a passion for New Zealanders. Join them at the Mairangi Bay;
For the sophisticated urban lover there is
- The trendy Viaduct and the Wynyard Quarter for a spot of activity day and night. Cafes and bars along Auckland's harbor provide a great backdrop to watch the world pass by;
- Amble around Queens Street to soak in the history of New Zealand or catch a flash mob at any of the queen street intersections, also known as the X crossing;
- Browsing and shopping around Parnell Village Shopping Center or the Victoria Park Market;
- Sampling local produce at the farmers markets at Clevedon, Otara and Avondale or heading to Auckland's Fish Market for fresh fish and chips;
- Exploring Britomart, Auckland's inner city on foot;
- Visiting the Auckland Museum for some interesting treasures;
- Admiring the art collections at the Auckland Art Gallery.
With all that Auckland has to offer, transportation becomes a major factor for people when traveling in groups. Car rental in Auckland helps make your stay leisurely as moving around the city becomes hassle free. Parking spaces are also easily accessible compared to other big cities. Also, distances between many attractions can be long and driving instead of relying on public transport can be quicker. For a group, car hire in Auckland can be more cost effective than other scheduled modes of transport.