Japanese living conditions


In Japan, land prices are expensive, and housing conditions in terms of renting and size are not good compared to other countries. Accommodation is a very serious issue even for Japanese, especially in urban areas, which lack a large and low-income housing. Japanese Renting Property

In Japan there are also public housing and private flats. Flats make up most of the rent.

a) Public Housing

Public housing is provided by official organizations such as prefectural, city and city governments and housing corporations. Any non-Japanese who has a foreigner's application can apply for such a type of residence regardless of nationality. There are two types of housing: Koei Jutaku (public housing) is for people with low income; and Tokutei Yuryo Chintai Jutaku, and Kosha / Kodan Jutaku (housing of public companies) for those with middle income.

These apartments provide a certain level of facilities with a relatively low rental price. You need to pay a rent of two to three months as a deposit (guarantee money) for your housing, but the key money needed for private housing is not needed.

However, qualifications are accurately determined as revenue, and only those who meet these qualifications can only be declared. As there are many applicants, lotteries are determined by lottery. After resettlement, tenants must comply with the regulations that are in use (ie no one can live together with tenants without permission). This type of flats are mostly apartments, which mostly contain a kitchen, bath and oshiire (closet), with one to four rooms.

b) Private Rent of Residential Buildings

Private rental housing is owned by individuals and private companies. The type varies from renting and size.

first Apartment (Apartment)

These are mostly two stories built of lightweight steel, wood or plaster, and houses 4 to 8 households. Some of them share a toilet and / or have no bath.

2nd Mansion (flat)

In Japan, the apartment is larger than the Aparto and built with reinforced concrete is called Mansion. Insulation is better than Aparto, and privacy is better. Some have caretakers who live on the first floor or others have an underground car park. Detached House

Detached houses have recently been designed with a mix of Japanese and Western styles. Some of them have a garden. There are several rental houses designed specifically for non-Japanese "but not much".

2nd Typical Case Size and Ground Plan

The area is indicated in square meters (m2), as well as original Japanese units, "jo" and "tsubo". One already means one tatami and is approximately 180 cm x 90 cm. ("Tatami" is a unique Japanese under cover). One tsubo is 182 cm x 182 cm or about 3.3m2 and is about two hours. There are Japanese rooms and rooms in the western style. The Japanese-style room has tatami and Western-style rooms with floor-to-ceiling or layered floors. Below is a typical Japanese flat floor plan. • K, DK, LDK – K means kitchen, D means a dining room, and L means living room. K means only a kitchen, and DK means a dining room plus a kitchen, and LDK means a room that has a living room function, as well as a dining room and a kitchen. Therefore, 2DK means a house that has two rooms in a room that has the function of the kitchen and dining room. UB – UB denotes a bath unit (a unique bathroom forming) that includes a bath, toilet and washbasin. [19659004•Oshiire(wardrobe)-Supportingtheroomoftheroomblockassembly

• PS – This means the pipe space containing drainage pipes and conduits.

• MB – This means the meter for water and gas.

Ground plan of one-bedroom apartments (one-bedroom apartments)

(Example) The facilities are compact and there is one room that can be used as a living room. The kitchenette is very small so it is not possible to combine cooking. Some of them do not have room for the washing machine in the room.

• Most detached houses in modern Japan have Japanese and Western rooms. Some of them have a garden and a parking space.

3rd Carina regarding Japanese Housing a) Shoes Japanese housing needs to be removed before entering the main entrance. Japanese people sit on the floor and sleep on the futon on tatami, Japanese traditional floor mats, so they do not allow shoe to carry. If you enter a room that wears shoes and dirt, you may have to pay for repair costs.

b) Bathroom In Japan, swimming not just body washing, in the tub. Recently, the bathrooms comprised of a bathroom with a WC of western style have become popular, but the Japanese traditional bathroom is separate from the toilet and has a body wash area outside the tub. The caskets are mostly made of plastic or stainless steel. If you live with a Japanese family, you have to keep the water in your tub as clean as the rest of the family will turn around to use water after you. Do not use Japanese-style bath soap. Water is mostly heated with gas. C) Tatami mats Tatami rugs are a traditional floor straw covering, sewn to make a mat about 5.5 cm thick and woven wire rope. One tatami mat (already) is also a unit used to denote the size of the room. The new tatami is green and tatami changes every few years or when a home moves. D) Futon (thick bed), bed and oshiire (closet) In the Japanese house, the main futon is thrown out every night and slipped into the oshiir every morning. During the day, the futon is kept in oshiire. In this way, one room can be used for different purposes. If the bed is put on tatami mats, they are thickened and damaged, so it is recommended to place the plate under the bed of the bed.

e) Town gas and propane gas Electricity or gas for furnace and bath. There are two types of gas: urban gas (coal gas), brought to every household from gas tanks and propane gas, which are provided by cylinder dealers. City gas is managed by Tokyo Gas Co., Ltd. and propane gas are managed by individual marketers. Gas baths, etc., Need to be delivered by tenants.

f) Water Supply and Drainage Nearly all areas of the Prefecture Canal have water supply. You can drink tap water. In most cases there is a drainage or water purification tank. Drainage system is not suitable for waste disposal. G) WC (WC) – WC Toilet in Japanese style has a cover (dome) on the front. When the toilet is shared with other tenants, separate toilet scales should be used. H) Air conditioning / heating Some flats have air conditioning / heating but in most cases tenants must buy their own, Heating fuel includes electricity, gas and kerosene. Sometimes kerosene is prohibited.

I) Fusuma i shoji These are the unique Japanese sliding doors in separate rooms. Fusuma is a wooden box with a fusarium paper glued on both sides. Shoji is a truncated wooden frame with shoji paper windows. It is possible to make larger rooms by removing the fuser to connect the room. Fusum bonding should be done by an expert, but when shoji paper is torn, you can buy shoji paper and fix it yourself.

4th General Problems and Troubleshooting

a) Removing Shoes Do not enter the shoe house. Be careful to remove the shoes at the entrance.

b) Payment – Most rental issues include a deposit. In Japan, when you rent a house, you have to pay a deposit to the homeowner. This deposit is given to the owner of the home and returns without any interest when the cancellation is canceled. However, the cost of repairs is subtracted, so the deposit usually does not return in full. Since the rental contract is contained in the Housing Agreement, please thoroughly review the contract and not violate it. As for the other costs when entering into a contract, please refer to page 39.

c) Population The number of tenants is confirmed when the contract is concluded. Additional residents are not allowed.

d) Noise Do not sound loud late at night. In the apartments, the sound echoes more than you think. Since the sound of running a large amount of water also bothers your neighbors, try not to bathe or to watch at night.

e) Pets Nearly no homes permitting pets except small birds and golden fish. If you find a place where you can keep pets, please respect the rules.

f) Kitchen If cooking with a large amount of oil, immediately clean the area by wiping the sink and cooking area. The fan should also be cleaned regularly.

g) Waste Disposal Garbage is collected by the municipal administration. The billing point, date and method of determination are determined in each area. There are areas where flammable garbage and unpalatable garbage should be separated. As for large garbage items, there are areas where a billing date is already in place, or you can sometimes arrange to pick them up. Please consult with your neighbors or the municipal government. H) Long-term absence When you are away from home for a long time, inform the owner of the home. Rent must be paid even when you are away.

i) Room Remodeling If you want to remodel a room, such as placing a nail to a pillar or attaching a hook to a wall, first consult the owner. It is assumed that you will leave the room in the state you rented it. If you rearrange the room and can not return it to your original state, your deposit will not be refunded, and you may need additional payments.